We tried a lot of tool-tip and glossary extensions, but at the end of the day we can only recommend the SEO Glossary extension. You don't have to add tag codes around words manually. You actually add your clossary terms into the extension with the description or images or webpages links, and it will automatically detect the word or words used in an article and then give that link line under that word to indicate a mouseover. Well done!
Here follows a full description of the SEO Glossary extension as shown on the Joomla extensions site:
Get the most advanced and market leader glossary, dictionary extension for Joomla. Define terms, generate nice and automatic definition tooltips, display definitions in your Joomla content. With SEO Glossary it's easy to define one or billions terms in your website.
With SEO glossary you can create multilingual dictionary, glossary, glossary of abbreviations, and much more. Furthermore the extension comes with a Wikipedia API integration and definition quick copy.
SEO Glossary live video demo available here: https://www.joomunited.com/products/seo-glossary
** Main features for SEO Glossary**
- Display definition in jQuery tooltip, in dedicated page or in component view
- Create some inner links with semantic content automatically
- Glossary term is inserted in URL to enhance your website SEO (using joomla native URL optimization)
- 5 additional responsive themes available in the package + a masonry wall definition theme
- Dedicated search engine and Joomla search plugin
- Wikipedia integration, get term definition from Joomla admin and make a one click copy
- K2, Zoo (pages & blog), Redshop, Hikashop, Flexicontent and all extension calling content plugin compatible
- Ability to disable SEO Glossary in specific Joomla articles
- Disable glossary tooltips by: article categories, menus, Joomla components
- Ability to choose how many times your term will be linked to his definition per article
- Ability to use only tooltip for definitions, without any links to glossary
- Ability to globally disable tooltips
- Add synonyms in tooltips
- A definition can be linked with others definitions
- Menu option to show one or all glossaries
- Search module with filter
- Definition module with display as list, intro and both with auto text crop
- Definition module with display as definition slider
- Create unlimited glossaries
- Add custom alphabets for each glossary (ie categories of definition)
- Visually customization available for tooltips (not necessary to change css style)
- The tooltip can be manage with a pickup color (no css used)
- HTML output in tooltips
- Frontend edition
- Cut your definition in tooltips with a "Read more..."
- Follow/Nofollow SEO option
- Share on social networks buttons
- Disqus integration
- Xmap plugin, Jsitemap compatible, Kunena compatible
- Support video in tooltips
- All element in the glossary view can be shown/hide with parameters (search display, number of terms, glossary list, pagination...)
- Everything is managed from the component (easy to use)
- Use the native Joomla multilingual system
- Import/export/update tool
- Use the Joomla ACL to submit terms definitions from the frontend
- Advanced features to use the non latin characters
- SEO Joomla extensions compatible
- Tested and compatible with Yootheme, Joomlart and Rockettheme products
- Several language translation of the component are included
Visit their website today to see the SEO Glossary extension in demo as well as other supurb components. Click here: https://www.joomunited.com/products/seo-glossary
TemplateToaster is simply the best template designer software currently in the market. For the last 20 years I've been jumping around between IDEs and different designers, until I found TemplateToaster.
What is TemplateToaster Software?
TemplateToaster is a Windows based Web Design and CMS Theme & Template design Software that lets you create wonderful websites and templates in minutes. With its intuitive UI, TemplateToaster empowers you to conceive your ideas and design high end responsive themes & templates for several popular Content Management Systems(CMSes) such as WordPress, Joomla & Drupal also including Ecommerce platforms such as Magento, OpenCart, Prestashop & VirtueMart. You can also create templates for Blogger and HTML websites in no time. TemplateToaster is the best offline website builder that lets you work on your local machine providing you a dynamic interface to work with.
Why Choose TemplateToaster?
- Continuous development since 2008 and still going number one with respect to its competitors.
- Being a desktop app/software it is robust and stable, thus can easily handle heavy web design work.
- TemplateToaster allows you to design a website as per your requirements without having to write even a single line of code.
- The beauty of TemplateToaster lies in Intuitive interface and addons e.g. stock photos, stock logos, social icons are another plus from TemplateToaster in the list of its features.
- Due to the magnificent features and incredible support, TemplateToaster stands out amongst all web design software.
- The flexibility to create responsive and SEO friendly websites which TemplateToaster offers is incredibly helpful for beginners to start with.
Find out more about Template Toaster and download the unlimited product trial here. You will not make a mistake buying this software. I did and will never look back!